Friday, March 9, 2012

Chivalry Isn't Dead

Well today I decided to go to Lowe's at lunch and purchase grass seed and soil.

Well since I've had my hip replacement, I feel so much better that I forget I can not do everything I did before.  I say all this in an effort to explain.  You see I purchased some soil, which weighted 38.5 #'s dry, we had heavy rain last night, and all these bags now hold moisture, which makes these bags weight a lot more that the 38.5 #'s.  So I pulled a bag from the top of a pallet into my shopping cart aka buggy which requires some maneuvering on my part.

I picked up my other items, checked out, and retrieved plastic to lay in the back of my SUV.  Once I got out to my SUV, placed the plastic in the back, I picked up the bag.......   Well I must say I tried to pick up my bag of soil, I couldn't lift this bag, I was shocked, and amazed.  I've never not been able to lift something like this.  This is were the Chivalry Isn't Dead comes into play.  A young man in his mid 30's must have noticed that I kept trying every-way I could think of to maneuver this bag out of my buggy.   He said "Mame can I help", I gladly stepped aside and allowed this wonder man the opportunity to HELP ME!  He had me loaded everything in-about 2 seconds, even returned my buggy, he was such a gentlemen.

I can always say I'm proud to be from the south.  Most men in the south sincerely offer to help people.  This is the way they were raised by their mothers, and the way they hope others treat their mothers, wife's, or daughters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment