Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beautiful Day The Lord Has Made

The entire weekend has been beautiful.  Larry & I got out and did a little yard work, and I do mean little.  It wasn't his fault this time, the first beautiful weekend, we decided to just get out and putter around.  Had good intentions, but didn't pan out well. 

First up on Saturday was checking into adding more stuff to our lawn to help the grass.  Went back to Lowes, and decided we just needed to get a truck load of top soil dumped in our front yard, and start over.  My job will be to get the cost on said truck loads of soil....  Then today made the decision to purchase new cushions for our outside swing, and purchase a new cover.  Went to Southeastern Salvage who has always had wonderful prices in the past.  But alast, didn't have any outdoor cushions yet, said check back soon. 

Both of these trips resulted in us riding around North GA, and Hamilton County looking at other peoples wonderful weekend work.  Yards everywhere are looking good.  Our poor yard has had a hard time between the weather this past year, and our large oaks who starve the grass for water, and keeps the grass too shaded.  Hopefully we will get this yard into shape before long.

Daylight Savings Time, well what can I say about this. I like having the daylight when I get home from work.  But my system will take weeks to adjust.  The body doesn't adjust as fast as I would like it to sometimes, and time change is one of the hardest. This new daylight in the evening will allow me to get more yard work done durning the week rather than only on weekends.  So another good thing.

On another note, our pastor Dr. Dennis Newman will be back in the pulpit full time.  He had taken a little time off to deal with his health, and his good friend Rev. Jerry Redmen filled in for him.  It's going to be great seeing Dennis back where he belongs, but sad to say goodbye to Jerry.  Thus is life, always changing!

Ok, project this evening is to read Sunday paper, go thru some magazines, and sort thru my coupons.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment