Thursday, December 20, 2012

Adeste Fideles



Yes, it's here!  Christmas is just a few days away.

While everyone is running around to be with family and friends, watching children of all ages get excited with the pending visit of Santa.  People are attending parties, and various church functions, we can all get too busy.  Everyone needs to stop, and take some time to remember the reason for the season.  Take a little time from your busy schedule to attend a religious place of your choosing (not working, or volunteering at church-actually attending one service as a participant).  While you are at this service remember why we celebrate Christmas day.  I know that our society has gotten so commercial, but if you keep the faith in your heart, the Lord will never be taken from that day of worship......Christmas. 

As I’m writing this today I’ve stopped long enough to listen to Christmas Music, currently I’m listening to Nat King Cole sing O Holy Night, it is one of my favorites during this time of year. If you have time take a listen.

Now since my last blog, Larry and I have been busy getting our home ready for the holidays.  My darling husband reminded me I had 7 trees this year, I told him I was fully aware that I did have 7 trees this year, and if the after Christmas sales happen to be great this year, we will have 2-3 more for next year.  He didn’t seem too happy about the prospect of more trees in our attic.  Bless his heart he has been so helpful this year, and we both enjoy seeing all the trees.  Here are a few samples of our decorations.  Let’s see what makes it thru till next year, we have a 13 month old walking now.  I say that with prideJ With that in mind, we put all the sentimental ornaments up toward the top of the tree, and kept those that little hands can enjoy on the lower branches.  Been a few years since we had a toddler at our house Lilly Grace & Nathaniel was the last two little ones.

Well as I promised with my last blog update here are some photos of our Christmas decorations.  Lets start outside shall we?





Ok now lets move inside, by the way my camera has been giving me fits lately, it's about time to start looking for another one.  Maybe something that will work well either night and inside.  

Next up lets start in the living room, I didn't take photos of the formal dinning room area which is decorated too, just thought we would stick the to main stuff.  Please note in this room is Larry's train, he was so very excited to be able to put his entire track down in the living-room under the tree.  In the past he put the train in the den and he could only use a portion of the track. 


Moving into the hallway toward the Den we've got a build in area for a telephone, which we've always just put this nice little old fashion phone (which doesn't work because we only use cell phones) but it's nice to look at.  Plus this year our friends Lois & Kenneth Johnson gave us a Santa picture which we hung in the hall for the Christmas season.  Notice I've got a satin Noel and Angle by the phone.



Lets see the Office, Bedroom, and Kitchen Christmas Trees.  Our Office has a hand crochet angel made by a sweet lady that is no longer with us from my hometown of Chatsworth. The Bedroom tree is fiber optic which you don't decorate, and the Kitchen is a works in process because it is hard to find only kitchen ornaments sometimes.


Finally here is our Den, yes it has a lot of stuff, but I always say it's never enough.  Aren't you glad I'm not going to take photos of the bathrooms or screen-in-porch:-)

Like Larry and his train, I was able to put out all my Dept 56 Village this year, they are outgrowing my piano.  If I get another one, I'm going to have to move them somewhere else.  The church was a wedding gift to Larry & I from friends, I think it is one of my favorite pieces.





Now lets look at the tree, and some of the tables in the Den. Christmas Time a coming.  







This year we will be hosting Christmas for our families at the house.  Larry and I are going to keep it simple so that everyone can enjoy our time together, and I'm not in the kitchen the entire time.  Costco & Sam's will be catering our meal.  

Here is some of the dishes we will have. If you got any additions or suggestions, please let me know below.  We will have red potato salad, 5 bean salad, Southwest Hummus & Spinach/Artichoke Dip with Hawaiian King Bread.  We are going to have a sandwich bar with pimento-cheese spread (for the non meat folks), honey roasted turkey, lean ham, roast beef, all the cheeses you can think of, pickles, lettuce, onions and various bakery breads.  We will have chips, cheese balls, cheese and crackers, veggie tray.  I will only be making a Veggie & Cheese Tarts and Lilly Grace's requested Fluff Salad with her chosen fruits.  Of course there will be tons of deserts (got a lot of deserts to bake for other get togethers-making some extras), and beverages.  I wanted to make this so everyone could eat whenever they wanted, no set time or formal meal.  The grazers will be happy, and so will I.  People can come and go as needed, eat whenever they want.  Larry's and my biggest deal will be keeping the ice filled and the chilled items on ice.  

From our house to yours we hope and pray that everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas this year.  Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Talk to you next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment